It is our turn to help our fellow Texans and all others affected in the flood zones in the path of Hurricane Harvey here in the US right now as the storm lingers today hovering in the coastal cities in and around TX.
It is not over and they need our help!
In 2015 when Nepal earthquake hit, Texans were the first to respond and then all others came to help, we were able to make a big difference in Nepal by going there personally to deliver supplies and also help 800 children. In 2016 and 2017 we have donated to Project Nepal/ Radha Paudel, Sneha’s care, Animal Nepal, Aarav and Aryan tennis helping Nepal tennis and more. We will post those blogs soon!
Now it is our turn to help our fellow Texas and others!
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO HELP!
1. People helping people
We at ArunasNepalRelief, Inc are taking donations and supplies to deliver directly to our local KW Cares disaster Response team off at 2300 Greenhill, #200, Round Rock, TX 78664 by this Friday as they will be transporting the supplies to the flood zones affected by Harvey.
KW Cares Disaster Response Team is mobilizing equipment, supplies and volunteers to areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey once safe to do so.
Donations can be dropped off at 2300 Greenhill, #200, Round Rock, TX 78664
2. People helping pets
We will also be buying and delivering supplies to pet shelters as well that are taking in a lot of pets here in Austin, from the flood zones affected by Harvey.
Top Current Needs:
- Cat Litter – Clumping preferred, but non-clumping needed, as well.
- Martingale Collars (medium)
Other important needs include:
- Dog Treats* – Chew Toys/Rawhides, Treat Logs, Peanut Butter and Milk Bones for Kongs for all of our stressed and crated pups!
- Paper or Styrafoam Bowls* – For feeding cats.
- Kitten and Puppy Formula
- Flea + Tick Prevention
- Canned Wet Food and Tuna – Now only needed for cats!
- Litter Boxes – 12×10″ or smaller
- Large Metal Dog Bowls
- Large Trash Bags
- Updated Cleaning Supplies List – Bleach, paper towels, general purpose cleaner, latex gloves, dish soap, sponges.
*Most urgent need
Due to Friday’s incredible response, we no longer have the personnel or space capacity to accept the below items. To help us focus on the animals and areas of greatest need through the weekend, we will not be able to accept additional donations of:
- Crates: thanks to all of you, we officially have all the crates that we need, of all sizes! Due to space concerns, we cannot accept any more at this time.
- Clorox Wipes
- No more dog food – canned or any dry food, please – we are running out of food storage space!
There are two ways you can help – sign up as a regular, long term volunteer or donate your time as an emergency, short term volunteer. Short term volunteers must be 18+ years of age and will not be able to handle animals. Please do not come to the shelter without already being a registered volunteer, as we will not be able to accept your help.
With nearly every pet rescued from the hurricane in short-term foster, we will very quickly need to shift our focus to adoptions. If you or someone you know has been looking to add a furry family member, now is the perfect time. All available cats and dogs are listed on our website.